Subject: Re: [Leica] Are leica users Luddites??
From: "Tom R. Rice" <tomrice@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 10:29:22 -0700 (PDT)

	Luddites, indeed!  You bet I am, and proud of it!
	I use screw-mount Leicas (II(D) and IIIc), available
	light and used to take hand-held indoor	pix with an
	Elmar f3.5 lens and Super-XX film (speed 100).

	My darkroom timers are clockwork, as is my watch,
	my ham radio and audio gear are filled with vacuum
	tubes and I deeply regret selling the Speedster	and
	Morgan cars I had in the Fifties.

	I cheated once and bought a CL, enchanted by the
	built-in exposure meter, but now the meter has
	developed a sticky needle and the <bleeping> eco-
	freaks have eliminated mercury cells, so I have to
	smuggle them in from Europe.

	Being fully informed on the concepts of hyperfocal
	distance and the f16 rule, I'm very well served by
	my screwy old Leicas, thank you.

	Back to the Fifties!

- --
"Start off every day with a smile and get it over with."  --W.C.Fields
Tom R. Rice
tomrice@netcom.com