Subject: Re: [Leica] PHOTOGRAPHY IS SIMPLE
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 19:04:49 +0100

The Queen was presented with her M6 by Uli Hintner, the present M.D. of Leica UK. He
spent a pleasant half hour with her talking about the camera and photography, he
said she was very knowledgable on the subject. I suppose that means 'more than you'd
expect a queen to be'! It was presented on the occassion of her 60th birthday (when
there were some British postage stamps issued showing her with her M3) and it was
this that triggered the thought that perhaps she might appreciate a newer camera as
a birthday present. Of course it was specially engraved for her and packaged in a
little more than the, admittedly, award winning card packaging in use now.
Uli recalls it as one of the highlights of his Leica carreer in an interview from
the forthcoming 'Leica Postal Portfolio News' (issue 86) hitting your desks in June!

Jem