Subject: RE: [Leica] AF, a FAD?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 21:21:25 -0500

At 09:33 AM 5/4/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Perhaps I want a blur, perhaps I am shooting MS100/1000 pushed to 800.
>Maybe I don't want the whole background to be blown out and prefer an F8
>aperture.  Photography like any art, is a subjective judgement of a given
>opportunity.  Sometimes we blow it, sometimes we don't.

Peter, I didn't mean to attack, but express a different angle on it. I
guess I was a bit rough on you. Sorry.

But what you said, and in context of the whole thread, it sounded like you
were saying one lens being a good substitute for another. Maybe with you
want to do with it, that is the case, but don't expect an IS lens is just
as useful as a faster one because it's has stabilization. You may know the
difference, but the less experienced photographer could read your post, go
out and buy an IS lens and wonder why his pictures didn't turn out. We have
to speak to the newbies as well as the rest of the crowd here.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?