Subject: [Leica] autofocus
From: allan jay silver <silver@proaxis.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 11:38:52 -0700

I am a serious amateur photographer and have been for over 65 years.  Now
that I am pushing 80 I find I have a problem focusing sharply even with the
diopter add-ons.  Autofocus feature has been a godsend for me.  I can see
where the feature could cause a problem especially when trying to use
parfocal distance settings for small aperture photography.  I have also
notised great benefit when photographing action shots.  It's a heck of a
job trying to keep things in focus when everyone is moving.  Years ago when
using the speed grac we approximated the distance and shot away.
	I do not like the AF feature in the Minolta Maxxum (excuse the mention of
the word) because it reverts to AF from Manual after each exposure.  This
can become annoying for those whose forgetfulness is in full bloom.

Allan