Subject: [Leica] (leica) - the silver screen
From: "ross mcleish" <cram@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 11:51:27 +1000

- ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01BE97B6.C60AEF40

There has been a flurry of reported sightings of Leicas in various =
movies recently -- and the expected search for which models etc. Well, =
now I find myself constantly 'checking' all the cameras that appear on =
the big (and small) screen.=20
I finally got around to viewing the DVD of the great German anti-war =
movie, Das Boot ,a couple of weeks ago -- no surprise that the character =
of the military reporter onboard the sub sported a Leica.
However, last night I was interested/amused to see that the X Files has =
featured an M6 (I think -- it was partially obscured by a blood-covered =
hand). The episode was a story of a photographer fated to live forever, =
whom knew instinctively when someone was about to die, and rather =
gruesomely fired off shots of the moment of demise. The big moment =
(decisive moment...), the photographer was shot through the lens of his =
Nikon (the bullet passed down the barrel and into his body), and as he =
lay injured (but not yet dying), he grabbed his Leica to take a photo of =
Skully, whom was also shot -- and he believed about to die.
Now......if he had been using an R8, maybe the bullet wouldn't have even =
made the journey through the lens, never mind the camera body???!!!  =20

- ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01BE97B6.C60AEF40

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>There has been a flurry of reported sightings of =
Leicas in=20
various movies recently -- and the expected search for which models etc. =
Well,=20
now I find myself constantly 'checking' all the cameras that appear on =
the big=20
(and small) screen. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I finally got around to viewing the DVD of the great =
German=20
anti-war movie, Das Boot ,a couple of weeks ago -- no surprise that the=20
character of the military reporter onboard the&nbsp;sub sported a=20
Leica.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>However, last night I was interested/amused to see =
that the X=20
Files has&nbsp;featured an M6 (I think -- it was partially obscured by a =

blood-covered hand). The episode was a story of a photographer fated to=20
live&nbsp;forever, whom knew instinctively when someone was about to =
die, and=20
rather gruesomely fired off shots of the moment of demise. The big =
moment=20
(decisive moment...), the photographer was shot through the lens of his =
Nikon=20
(the bullet passed down the barrel and into his body), and as he lay =
injured=20
(but not yet dying), he grabbed his Leica to take a photo of Skully, =
whom was=20
also shot -- and he believed about to die.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Now......if he had been using an R8, maybe the =
bullet wouldn't=20
have even made the journey through the lens, never mind the camera =
body???!!!=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01BE97B6.C60AEF40--