Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica R9 err...Minolta 9 ;-) OFF TOPIC
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 07:24:10 +0200

Peter,

I do not know. What I know is that it would be stupid to buy into the
current line of equipment IF it is to be 'shortly' replaced by another one,
using the technology of other platforms, and probably entailing quite a few
upward incompatibilities and very many backward ones. My systems have to be
scalable and future proof, especially if they carry a Leica price tag. All
those  AF rumours, especially the Minolta 9 based R9 one, are damaging. If
ever they are founded, I'm grateful to the people who came out with them:
they are preventing me from making dangerous investments. If they are
unfounded, the very same people will have helped to cut back Leica R sales
a little bit more.

Alan

On mercredi 5 mai 1999 19:18, Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)
[SMTP:peterk@lucent.com] wrote:
> Hey Alan,
>
> Does this mean if a Leica R9 AF comes to be you will lean toward buying
one?
> ;-)
>
> Peter K

AF