Subject: Re: [Leica] art, manual focus & other misunderstanding
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 10:47:30 -0400

Eric-
I would differ in one small way with you in the 'art', 'not-art' discussion.
Sure, photography by it's very nature is a representational mode of
expression, but it is a medium. Just as the ground earth colors and oil of
Michealangelo, the stone and bronze of Rodin ( where they thinking of him
when they named 'Rodinal'?) are media, the gelatin sludge with silver in it
on a support is a medium- probably with more limitations than most, and that
is the challenge to the photographer, to make an expression that is emotive
and possibly unique.
Dan