Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 mm APO-ASPH M Box BS!
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 22:52:59 +0800

Ted,

> You know what? If you'er a photographer and want the lens, buy it, use it,
> if it doesn't work......take it back! It doesn't matter a hill of beans
> where the hell it's made! Put the damn lens on the camera go shoot pictures
> and if it does great things, then throw the box away and foreverafter never
> look at anything on the lens but the aperture!

Well said!  Well said!  I have a colleague who only buys Japanese made
Nikons and Canons, those from other parts of Asia won't do for him.
Likewise, his Leicas have to be Germade made.  And you know what, he
doesn't take any photos!  Still, I like him a lot because he has always
been a good source for supplying me with his as-new photo equipment at
bargain prices.  Now, I really ought to talk him into selling me his APO
70-180/2.8....... :-)

May see you next month when I visit Victoria!

Best regards,

Joseph