Subject: Re: [Leica] Canadia!? Wherezat?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 17:31:24 -0700

Malcolm McCullough wrote:

>I had a quick check of my lenses and where they were made. To my horror I
>discovered that my Noctilux was made in Canadia - at least that's what the
>little paper sticker said - and the front element is made of opaque black
>plastic! It looks quite aspherical though.
>
>Should I send it back, or is that the best one can expect?>>>>>>>

Hi Malcolm,

Hey keep it, as it sounds like you got one of the hockey puck specials out
of Midland.  That black thing at the front is one of the testing pucks shot
by Wayne Gretzky at the testing facilities in his back yard to make sure
the front element will stand up to hard knocks. :)

Unfortunately, once in awhile the puck doesn't get recovered, so you have a
special collectors lens and it must be worth thousands, maybe even millions
now that Wayne has retired from hockey. :)

Geeeeze don't mess with it, Leica may even buy it back from you.:)
ted