Subject: Re: [Leica] Marks on focotar cosmetic??
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 07:55:18 +0100

Mary,
I have in the last few months had the oppurtunity to test the relative
qualities of the Focotar 40/2.8 both with and without small surface markings.
While these marks will not have been exactly the same as yours I did find
that when comparing the two (12x16) prints side by side you could see that
one had marginally more contrast. If one was looked at by itself you could
not tell that there was any problem.
It cost me a little over a hundred pounds to have a rear element replaced,
expensive.

Jem