Subject: Re: [Leica] "twinkie heads"
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 12:21:43 EDT

David Almy wrote:

<< Does anyone know just what a "twinkie head" is?

 Are these Canadian terms, or just indelicate german translations? >>

Hum, would that be "Kuchenkoepfer?"

My two cents worth - in my experience buying new Leica eqipment, the Canadian
made stuff was all perfect from the box: I had to return one German made,
last non-asph 35mm Summicron to Leica for replacement due to a machine
shaving between elements. As always in my experience, Leica USA promptly
replaced the defective lens with a new one.

Will von Dauster