Subject: Re: [Leica] 135
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 11:05:57 -0700

Dan Cardish wrote:

> It happens that the focus ring of my 135/4 Elmar (the most recent version
> with the builtin hood, just prior to the APO) also turns very stiffly.
snip If you are like me and must budget your lens purchases,
> the older lenses such as the 135/4 have great value.
>
> Dan C.
snip
The only way to know for sure would be to shoot a roll with each lens
and if the 3.4 clearly shines in your style work over the 4 than maybe
it's worth saving up for.
Another aspect of the argument is as the 135 focal length has not
related to my work too much these kinds of dollars could never make
sense. But the results of such a test could make you realize the
potential for what this focal length could do for you. It could amaze
you into absorbing into your shooting style. I think it easily could.
When I figure out this web site thing I will post some of my results.
Mark Rabiner