Subject: [Leica] RE: Kodachrome Valley
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 14:22:57 -0700

If my feeble 5th sense serves me correctly...

The last time I checked, Kodachrome was still a B&W film, with real silver
grain, and the color added in the processing. The result is a film with
"real" silver grain.

Provia is an E6 film, where the color is within the film emulsion.
Processing completely strips away all silver, it having been replaced with
color globules.

So in reality, Kodachrome will have grain and Provia will have globs. I'm
not sure that they can be scientifically compared.

Jim GO5 Brick