Subject: Re: [Leica] Using the Elmarit-M 24 without aux finder
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 15:59:07 -0400

At 12:26 PM 5/11/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Among those of you using this lens regularly, do all of you use the
>auxiliary finder?  Do you find it's possible to squint around the edges of
>the 28mm frame in the .72x and gauge the 24mm frame accurately?  Though it
>would have to be an acquired skill to know the 24mm framing instictively,
>the 28mm framelines would move as you focus, giving an approximation of the
>parallax error.
>
>--Jim
Jim - I know there are a few folks out there who swear you don't need a
finder with the 24...well...as one who lusts after the 24, I have to say
"Bullhooey!"..I find that as a glasses wearer even using the 35 is less
than ideal in that I have to shift my eye from side to side to get the
frame lines in...it's one thing if you're using a tripod and shooting
landscapes, but if you're doing anything that involves living people, not
having a separate viewfinder would have to be a pain. I think.

B. D.