Subject: [Leica] Re: BOOWU-M copy stand
From: apbc <apbc@public1.sta.net.cn>
Date: Wed, 12 May 99 09:39:30 -0000

Alex Hurst wrote

>1) Can anyone tell me what area(s) this device covers?
2) I'm planning to use my 50/2 Summicron on it. Is it only for 50mm
lenses,
or can one use others (such as a 35mm) as well?
3) Does anyone use one of these regularly, and are there any tips they
might like to pass on?

Alex,

I too have such a device but have not yet been able to use it since it
does not accept my (last generation detachable hood) 50 summicron. It
does not accept the current 50 Elmar either, despite information from
Leica UK to the contrary: there is a ring on the rear of the lens that
obstructs mounting. Maybe it would work if it were removed but I have not
dared try.

So you need an old 50mm, collapsible preferably, or rigid type with a
special (super rare) adapter....

I have been frustrated with this thing, as you can tell, but if and when
I ever get it working - perhaps with a collapsible summicron, which I
have been on the lookout for for some time - it should be very useful to
me.

Wish you luck!

Bests

Adrian