Subject: RE: [Leica] Erwin Qualifications
From: Michael Leitheiser <flyh2o@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 19:11:42 -0700

Condescending?  Probably.  As I recall that means something like
voluntarily going down to the level of inferiors with whom one is dealing
which certainly would be appropriate in your case in the context of leica
usage/lens evaluation.  I am definitely not even close to being one of the
"gang of five", being a mere lurker on the list since at least the first
Odmund/Beamon war and I am still trying to think of one positive thought or
new idea that you have contributed to the ongoing discussions here.  Odmund
at least initiated some serious discussion and in some cases, self
examination.

"Mr. Putz"?  Surely you could be more professional than that.  "Never met a
Leica lens he didn't like."?  Guess you just don't get the point of the
reviews or perhaps you are "reading and analysis challenged" which is a pc
phrase for horses ass.

At 07:23 AM 5/11/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Tom,
>
>When someone is as condescending as Mr. Putz I generally like to know the
>qualifications of a person like this.  Especially since he never met a Leica
>lens he didn't like.
>
>Peter K

Mike Leitheiser

"When the trout are lost, smash the state."
                                   Tom McGuane