Subject: [Leica] Real filters
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@actek.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 16:32:19 +1000

This is for the users of the ELmar 90mm, Elmar 135mm and 50mm Summar users
with the old A36 Filter mount.

this 3 lenses have all a 34mm filter thread.  34mm filters in all colours
where used for some lenses by Ricoh and Cannon. You'll find plenty of
secondhand filters like this via the Internet in the used camera sections
under Cannon Range fider accessories. That's where I bought mine.
This filter are very reasonable priced. Much less than Leitz 36mm clamp on
filters. They are mostly in much better condition, than the second hand Leitz
ones. Often they are advertised in sets of 4. This normally includes a UV,
yellow , green and blue.

They are a lot nicer looking than those big clamp on jobs from Leitz. Also
the don't come off, when accidentally bumped.

I find the yellow filters good for my B&W work and the Blue one is ok , when
use spotlights. They are close enough for my requirements.

The Ricoh filters are also very high quality, but a lot harder to find.

Horst Schmidt