Subject: [Leica] BAS Report--M series lens tests
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 12:31:55 EDT

The BAS Testlabor ran tests regarding the Leica M series lenses in 1995 that
was compiled in a beautiful 20 page booklet.  At one time Leica was providing
this at a nominal charge and I am certain Leica owners would enjoy reading it.

This may be very old news to the LUG but it does contain a lot of good
information about the lenses and they are explained through MTF graphs
regarding sharpness and brilliance. The method of testing is also explained.
The only drawback is the publication does not include ALL of the APO and ASPH
lenses that are on the market.

The questioning of Mr. Puts credentials may have been brought on by persons
who have read the BAS report and wanted to compare the two methods of testing.

There is a copyright note on the publication; otherwise, I would be happy to
scan and convert the report to a PDF for those who are interested.