Subject: RE: [Leica] VOTE
From: Leopold Green <ldg@dmu.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 18:47:31 +0100

I would certainly vote for Erwin, his posts add substance and rationale to
this group to myself, and I'd guess those 'silent' Leica users who come here
for information...however I don't think people should vote against other
list members, Peter K and everyone else subscribed has the perfect right to
express whatever opinion even if that opinion is Leica sucks and so does
everyone else who uses Leica. It is THEIR opinion! I can't fathom why they
would want to waste their time on a Leica list - but so be it. After all no
one else has to read it, if you find someone consistently 'offensive' then
don't read their post!

As for rudeness, there shouldn't be a place for that but it happens, I'm
sure some Psychology graduate could do a good dissertation on how non
personal communicative forms, like email [or journalism] can sometimes make
people seem ruder [or more extreme] than they really are. Sorry for such an
obvious point.

I do hope Erwin stays with this group, he has provided me with more
information than any other single source and that has helped a newcomer to
Leica who [for obvious financial reasons] has to be selective with what he
can purchase. Thank you very much for the hard work you have done on lens
testing and design which you have shared [for free], I'm certain 95% of the
700 or so members, most of whom do not flame/bitch/moan or do anything other
than listen and pick up tips feel the same way.

This is a list for those interested in photography, a hobby to most, at best
a profession or art form...we're not discussing war/poverty/racism/fascism
etc. Perhaps a little perspective sometimes.

Leopold