Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 battery
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 06:30:31 -0400

I have never understood the logic behind keeping the shutter dial set to
"B" when storing the camera.  The only way that the battery can be consumed
is if you leave the camera shutter cocked.  And if you leave the shutter
cocked in your camerra bag, the only way the battery can be consumed is if
something in the bag is pushing against the shutter release button.  And if
something is pushing against the shutter release button, there is a very
good chance that the shutter will be released.  Since you end up with a
camera being stored with the shutter UNcocked (with a wasted frame to
boot), why not have it in that state to start with, when you store the
camera in the bag?

Dan C.