Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The Leicar
From: Malcolm McCullough <blayne@mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 20:42:32 +0800

>>Has anyone seen the information below?  Is it a hoax?
>>
>><http://www.f32.com/Articles/art004.htm>

There are more articles by the same author on the f32 website. Having read
them, I cannot understand why some people are saying that the Leicar is a
hoax - Heinz Richter is clearly someone who has close links with Leica. How
else could he have obtained the unretouched photographs of elves working on
the M5?

I already have a Leicar M on order. I have been told that production has
shifted from Zuffenhausen to Coventry (England) but the crates were already
printed "Made in Germany". This has nothing to do with the Leicar M sharing
the same cutting-edge1950's technology as the Land-Rover. Apparently the
spin doctors ruled that German cars are too common whereas English cars
have much more rarity value these days, unless they are Toyotas of course.
They are right - here in Singapore there  are more BMs and Mercs than you
can shake a stick at. I know - I've tried. My case comes up on Tuesday.

By the way, although it isn't Friday yet, I have an M6K box for sale. As
you all know, only 100,000 M6Ks were made and most of them were shipped in
the correct box. Mine, however, came in a box marked "Philips Steam Iron,
Made in Singapore". Any offers?

Regards
Malcolm
Singapore