Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwin Qualifications
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 22:32:37 +0100

Dear Don,

I'm really sorry, but I see that I forgot to put a smiley after the sentences:

> I'm always willing to learn.
> And here, I feel that I will certainly learn something.
;-)

I was not disappointed!
;-)

By the way, it's not BASS, but BAS (Barnim A.Schultze).

You wrote:

> If you have not read the report, I would commend it to you.  It is very, very
> complimentary of the Leica lenses.

That part of your post is correct, and meaningful.
That's maybe why Leica used BAS test for the marketing strategy .
I received my copies of the BAS tests for free via various Leica dealers
here in Belgium.
Each prominent dealer received a lot of them to be distributed.

BAS don't look so independent after all.

Now, I agree with what they say about the Leica lenses in those tests.
;-)

BTW, are you an expert in lens test ?

Regards,

Lucien