Subject: Re: [Leica] Tmax vs Pan F plus..Tech pan
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 19:59:31 GMT

I have used tech pan at 25 asa with the standard technidol developer and you
are correct, it is the sharpest damn thing I have ever used.  It makes 35mm
look like 6x6!  I have not tried any other developer combo.  I was concerned
that up rating would increase contrast too much.

As an aside, if you really want to see the quality of your lenses tech  pan
is the way to go...I was really impressed with the results from my 35
Summicron, but suprisingly dissapointed with my Planar 1.4 50.  I am sure
there is a technical explaination, but in simple terms, the shots I took
with the Zeiss would not fool anyone into thinking I had used a larger
format.  (I verified this with my wife who doesn't give a damn about
photography or cameras)  The Leica shots really stood out.  They were taken
on the same roll, so it was a pretty fair comparison.

Thanks for your reccomendations
Dan