Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600...
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 17:17:26 -0700

Gareth,

I've traveled with N1600 but only around Europe and the US and was lucky
enough to get the films hand inspected. Only once it went thru the machine
but I could not see any problems. This was in London and they said it was
safe for films up to 3200 ASA.

One thing to note is that N1600 should not be left exposed and undeveloped
for too long, up to 1 month should be OK, I think. Once, when I wasn't able
to develop it for 2 months, it looked a bit fogged, especially at the
beginning of the roll. But the prints were OK.

And yes, you might be able to pull 20 x 24 prints out of it (shooting with
Leica glass, to keep on topic). I did 16 x 20 prints and they looked great
(BTW, the film was developed in TMax 1+4 or 1+7).

Jiri Dvorak