Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwin Qualifications
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 16:05:01 +0400

Tuong Nguyen (ETM) wrote:

> Erwin is too modest to mention it but Erwin has written
> a lot of articles on Leica in FOTO magazine which is published in
> Belgium.
>
> I still have copies of Erwin articles regarding the
> interview of Leica industrial designer and project manager
> regarding the design of R8 (FOTO, Nov 96).  There was pictures of
> Erwin with the above Leica employees.  So I am sure
> that Erwin must also have contacts with Leica
> people who are designing the Leica camera and lenses.

I'm afraid you don't realize to the full that this is *precisely* the
problem the inquirers have with Mr. Puts: he has *such* good connections
with Leica management, that the question may be raised if he is really
independent and objective.

Me, I don't care; there's such abundance of information coming from him
that no matter how careful he needs be with Leica management, the
results of his studies remain most valuable. Or does anyone know of a
worthy alternative to his tests?

Bernard