Subject: Re: [Leica] Using old lenses
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@actek.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 00:40:56 +1000

Dr. Joseph Yao wrote:

> Following the success of the Heliar 15/4.5 ASPH. and Skopar 25/4.0,
> Cosina will be releasing a new Voigtlander Nokton 50/1.5 and APO Lanthar
> 90/2.0, both in Leica screw mount, this summer.  They will be launched
> with the new rangefinder-equipped Bessa body.  It will be interesting to
> see how the new Nokton stack up against the original version described
> here.
>
> JY

  Thanks for the information on the new Nokton F1.5. In regards to the
quality of the new Nokton, I would say,  with today's computer aided
designs, the difference between the old and the new version would be similar
to the difference between the early and the late Summicrons. The character
of the lens would most probably change. If this is to every ones liking,
remains to be seen.
I guess, the whole Cosina system, camera and lenses will be great. By using
the name of Voigtlander, Cosina acknowledges the original quality products
of this Marque.
I believe Voigtlander was the first lens manufacturer who managed to
calculate a lens.

Regards

Horst Schmidt