Subject: Re: [Leica] Modify Nikon F body to accept Leica R lenses?
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 03:21:39 +0000

At 09:44 PM 5/18/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Joe? I think I am addressing the right one...I hope,
>Anyway, I checked the Novoflex website and they do list an adapter to use
>Canon EOS bodies with Leica R lenses. Apart from the metering question- who
>imports them into the US?  They report a price of 299 DM, and was wondering
>if that would be close to the 'street price' or is that retail, with a lower
>street price.
>Interesting concept. Does anyone have any more info?
>Thanks!
>Dan

I've got one of these adapters- it was my last purchase before I sold the
EOS system I had been using for a short while. You can use a R lens on an
EOS body and focus manually and use (I think) manual metering or aperture
priority, but you have no auto diaphragm and the aperture is stopped down
to whatever you set it at. I recall I paid about GBP 100 a couple of years
ago. It's still in the bottom of a drawer here I think.

Joe Berenbaum