Subject: [Leica] Re: Beattie Intenscreen for Leica R4-7
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 21:16:55 -0700

Doug is correct. The only meter cells in R cameras is behind the mirror.
The screen makes no difference what so ever.

And, Brightscreens are way better than Beattie screens. Most optional Leica
screens (supplied by Leica) are Brightscreens. The Fresnel Beattie
produces, as Doug says, tunnel vision. I use DOF preview in my R cameras
and it's great with a Brightscreen, useless with a Beattie.

IMHE (In My Humble Experience)

Jim