Subject: Re: [Leica] Using old lenses
From: "Neil Miller" <plus_4@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 23:09:15 PDT

Ref.

>Do you or anyone else have some experience with the following lenses in
>LTM?
>I have heard that they are much less contrasty than modern lenses but
>nontheless (or therefore) attractive pieces of glass.
>
>Ektar 47 mm
>Old Delft Minor 35 mm
>Angenieux 85 mm and 28 mm(?)

The first lens I purchased for my Leica III was a 90mm f1.8 Angenieux. Or if
I remember right The lens came first. Anyway it was quite some time ago
(early 60's). I remember the lens being a reasonable performer but a year or
so later I moved up to an M2 and traded the Angenieux for a 90mm Summicron.
As far as I was concerned there was no comparison. All of a sudden I had
really sharp images.

I still use one old LTM which I have been happy with. It's a 50mm f1.2
Fujinon. I believe it was made in the mid 1950's. I probably would consider
a modern 50mm except for the fact that I use a 50mm once every 6 months. I'm
a 21mm - 35mm type of guy.

I haven't seen another 90mm f1.8 Angenieux or 50mm f1.2 Fujinon. Does anyone
know the history of either or where they all are.

Neil