Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] Trip to Italy
From: Xavier Logean <xavier.logean@epfl.ch>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:51:21 +0200

Hans Pahlen wrote:

> Francisco,
> As I said, I can't give you any rational reasons, it is just that for me,
> the older Leica bodies have more soul, and bring back many nice memories.
> Objectively seen, the M6 is a better camera, with meter, etc, but I miss the
> nice engravings on the top plate, and the smooth M2 mechanism, well run in
> after many years of use and regular CLA.

I heard that a few times on the list: the more you use a Mx the smoother and
quieter it becomes. Is that true ?
My M6 is only 1.5 years old and I didn't notice a difference.

> It is like chosing car. Our garage has two similar cars, an Audi A3 -98 and
> a VW Golf GTI -88. The Golf has 50% more power and is more fun to drive,
> although not as safe and comfortable as a modern car. So, I let my wife
> drive the Audi, and I enjoy driving my old Golf.

Off-list:

I'm pleased to know that you are driving a Golf. I own a Golf III GTI 16V, I
loved it
but would have no problem to change it with the new Audi S3 ;-) or the new
A3 quattro.

> or two. Any buyers out there? (I am serious)

Have you an Elmar 2.8 collaps ?

Xavier.

Logean Xavier                            e-mail: xavier.logean@epfl.ch
Swiss Federal Institute                  Phone : ++41 21 693 52 57
of Technology Lausanne  (EPFL)           Fax   : ++41 21 693 66 10
Computer Science Department (DI)         url   : http://icawww.epfl.ch
Institute for computer Communications and Applications (ICA)
CH-1015 Lausanne