Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V8 #100
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 20:46:15 -0500

>M-28mm against older an newer Leica M-28mm's, he notes recognizeable
>difference between the old and new. I'm wondering if that would be true
>of the R 28's.

Dave,

I have no experience with the R 28's, but when I got my M 28 I first
tried a the most recent old version (version3) then decided to go on and
get the newer one.  The new one is a great lens.  Great contrast and
performs very well, smaller than the older one.  Did not really shoot
enough with the older one to determine the difference.  The older lens
seemed to have some speckeling (may have been separation) on the rear
element so I traded for a new one.

If I read Erwin's report correctly the current M version is slightly
better than the current R version.  But there have been several people
who have raved about the R 28, Pete Myers (still on list Pete?) used to
talk favorably about the current R28.

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net