Subject: [Leica] News from Belgrade
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 12:14:20 -0400

Dear LUGnuts:

I thought you might have wondered or worried, as I have, about our fellow
LUGnut from Yugoslavia.  I had heard nothing from Vladan Dugariæ until I
got a long e-mail yesterday.  He was mobilized into the army a month ago
and is stationed outside of Belgrade as a lookout for aircraft and cruise
missles.  He says it is mostly boring and there is not much to eat and no
clean water.  He hasn't gotten paid yet.  He gets to go home some weekends
and sent the e-mail from there.  He says he has over a month of LUG mail
that he hasn't had time to read.  He hopes that the bombing will cease on
May 24th, the 60th day of bombing.  He also hopes that his unit will not be
sent into combat.  He has taken documentary photos of the people stationed
with him and his equipment and hopes to share them with us someday.  He
laments that one of the landmarks of Begrade, the Tower of Avala, no longer
exists because it was bombed.   He asks me to wish him luck.  I ask you to
pray for him, if you are so inclined, or to wish him luck, in any case.  So
strange to get e-mail from someone in the middle of a war.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com/