Subject: Re: [Leica] Reassuring the public
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 09:52:55 -0700

Paul Chefurka wrote:
snip
> First off, the suggestion of carrying a small portfolio is right on
> the mark.  I made one up this afternoon - a couple of dozen 4x6's,
> small enough to carry in my bag whenever I shoot.snip
>
> Paul Chefurka
If many of the great photographers spoken of here recently caried
snapshots of thier work around with them they would not be taken
seriously by anyone and we would not have heard of them. They could be
spending much of their spare time being harrassed by the so called
athorities. Even 5 by 7's have a way of reducing your work to stuff you
stuff in your trenchcoat pocket. Instead of ass kissing say:
My name is Mark Rabiner.
I am a photographer.
You are in a public place.
I am taking photographs.
If you have a problem with this I suggest you call the police.
If you hinder me in any way I will call the federal authorities.
Have a nice day.
Mark Rabiner
You might use a different name than Mark Rabiner, I always do.