Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica and Contax
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 12:41:43 -0700

Hello B.D. et al,

I use the G2 with 21 and 28 for the quality as well as low price.
Of course having AE exposure (when I want it) and winder are a plus that is
hard to beat.
As far as comparing the two systems (Leica/Contax), I do not think that the
comparison is fair.
Both systems have their pluses and minuses (discussed ad infinitum in the
past).
In my opinion Leica represents quality, simplicity, nostalgia and  - in this
Nintendo world - anachronism.

Contax represents convenience with quality lenses and exposure system for
those who do not need "the Leica feel".

I should add that I use also M2, M3, M6 Classic, 24 ASPH, 35 ASPH, 50/1.4
90/2.8 and Tri-Elmar as well as Contax SLR with several lenses.

I could say that Contax G is my "pocket camera", Contax SLR my "technical
camera", and Leica my "art camera".
I do not think that one system can replace the other.

Good light to all.
Joseph Codispoti