Subject: Re: [Leica] How much $.$ for an M6?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 18:15:29 +0200

Richard,

I am assuming you are in the US, where a new M6 costs around $2000. I
bought a new M6HM (non-TTL) in the US in December for $1800 but that was an
exceptionally good deal. Given this and the fact that Leica equipment tends
to hold its value very well, I doubt that you will find an optically and
mechanically perfect M6 for under $1200-1300. Most used M6s are in good
shape; after all, the oldest among them are only 15 years old, which is not
enough time for them to become really battered unless they happen to belong
to people like Tina who take them to tropical rainforests or Ted, who
stands at the wrong end of a cow with diarrhea...

Nathan

"Richard J. Wyble" wrote:

> Understanding that the price of an item is determined by two people--a
> buyer and a seller--I nevertheless ask for the "net wisdom" of this
> group.
>
> How much should one expect to pay for an M6 in "user" condition? For
> purposes of this question I define "user condition" as mechanically and
> optically perfect; insofar as *cosmetics* are concerned, I care not one
> whit whether someone has spray painted the thing or whether it has been
> the victim of an overnight stay in a truckstop parking lot.
>
> Thank you!
>
>   rwyble@erols.com                  Worcester, Massachusetts
>   Richard J. Wyble

- --