Subject: Re: [Leica] News from Belgrade
From: "793582" <793582@idmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 17:58:05 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 1999 4:07 PM

>At 10:34 PM 5/25/99 +0200, you wrote:
>>Dear Tina,
>>
>>Sorry for this late reaction, just no time to check the LUG.
>>
>>I very much share and appreciate your concern about Vladan.
>>
>>At the same time I am extremely disappointed by the total lack of reaction
>>of the LUG, lets forget about Pascal's reaction, he must to close to the
>>NATO buildings in  Brussels to think clearly.
>>
>>Luggers(like all the other victims) remain also humans! Even when their
>>presidents behave like irresponsible jerks.
>>
>>I feel very sorry for the group.
>>
>>Ciao
>>
>>Andreas
>>

>Dear Andreas,
>
>Thank you for your response.  I wondered at first if my e-mail got through
>and then I decided that everybody must be thinking and not writing which is
>fine with me!  My posting was not a call to take sides.  We can empathize
>with those forced to flee their homes and those who are being bombed
>without judging who is right or wrong.  Vladan said that he had been
>mobilized.  I don't think he had any choice.  He also says
>that the only news he receives is very biased.  When I visited Iraq, the
>people had no idea that Saddam Hussein was keeping medicines from them that
>the UN Sanctions allowed and blaming the UN for the children who died
>without the medicines.  E-mail and satellite dishes are still banned in
>Iraq but their use in other countries can be a powerful force against
>dictators who would keep the truth from the people.  Communication has to
>be a powerful weapon.  I was amazed that I could receive e-mail from
>someone that my country is bombing.  Vladan has taken his mobile phone with
>him.  I haven't been able to get through yet, but if anyone is interested
>in trying to call him, I will give you his number.  Send me private e-mail.

I have to wonder about Ms Manley's state of mind and where her loyalties
lie. Conscript Vladan might well be sitting on a roof top somewhere armed
with his cell phone and a portable anti-aircraft missile launcher ........ !
Simply stated, communicating with and lending any kind of support to the
enemy is called treason. I wonder if Ms Manley gives as much thought to the
hazards faced by her country's pilots as she does to someone whose first
line of duty is to shoot them out of the sky?