Subject: Re: [Leica] Situations that beg for a UV protection filter
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 18:08:00 -0700

m037iu00@cwcom.net wrote:

> Or throw the lens away and photograph through the body cap with a
> pinhole, not
> sure whether the decisive moment would be caught of that tree crashing
> towards
> you though...
>
> Jem
snip
I was shooting replicas of Lewis and Clarks boats last week in some
forest and a large tree 30 yards from me fell over with a crash! After I
recovered I laughed to myself (it was close) remembering the old Joke
about if the tree fell and no one heard it did it make a noise. Well
this one did. I'll raise my hand on that one. Does my vote count? I'm a
witness for the prosecution. Autofocus wouldn't have gotten it. My tape
recorder which I constantly used was turned off. I was shook. Many times
I said into it "There are large mounds all over the place in this here
Montana" after which there was no point in photographing them.
Just rambling. I like this "Situations that beg for a UV protection
filter" thread. It's kind of a metaphor or parable of the modern
dilemma...and on and on.
Mark Rabiner