Subject: Re: [Leica] Studio photography [off-topic]
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 22:22:15 -0500

All that stuff sounds great, but I prefer the White Lightning Mono
lights.  I have 4 heads and each is independent of the other.  I usually
carry 2 heads, radio slave, several light stands, Vivitar 283 with
varipower module and optical slave, assorted gels for lens and light,
bogen clamp, 2 medium softbox , 3 umbrellas, Gaffer Tape, and other
assorted cables and wires and extension cords.  Have very seldom seen a
location where this is not enough.  When it is not I really need the
light and even with all 5 heads (4 W/L 1200's and a Dynalite Uni400) I
still barely have enough and am wanting several elinchrome kits.....

The nice thing about the White Lightning's is that I can set them up 50
feet apart and as long as there is power near by I do not have to run
cable and don't have to have extra power packs with external slaves...all
built in the heads.  Add to that White Lightning has the best customer
service of any company I have ever dealt with (they are made 4 miles from
where I live and I can grab replacement stuff and repairs very
easily...often at no cost).

Of course my kit is WAY over 20 pounds.....

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net