Subject: [Leica] HCB, Bischof & Leica
From: Xavier Logean <xavier.logean@epfl.ch>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:11:59 +0200

Hi LUGgers,

One of my friend is very interested in detailed of
"History" of Photography, and as he has no access to Internet,
he asked me to post the following questions:

1) Is that true  that Cartier Bresson did use some non-Leica lense on
his Leica Body (50mm lens) ?
(I think somebody mentionned that on the list a few months ago ?)

2) What camera, except the Rolleis, did Werner Bischof use ?
      (Leica ?, other rangefinders camera ?)
(The reason of that question is that he saw a picture of Bischof with
two Rolleis, that he
identified, plus one other 24X36 camera. He did'nt succes to identify
it. He told me
that the back of the camera had a disk, (or something similar) like the
one on the back of the M6,
(to set the film speed). But the picture was older than the introduction
of the M3)

Any ideas ?

TIA,

Xavier