Subject: Re: [Leica] News from Belgrade & A LEGITIMATE LEICA QUESTION
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 09:17:47 -0400

>Thank you, Jem.  The tremendous increases in direct communication between
>people has got to be a good thing.  Iraq and Iran have banned e-mail and
>satellite dishes because they are afraid for their citizens to know what is
>going on in the rest of the world; however,  they cannot keep up with the
>technology that allows determined people to receive news.  We can use our
>photography on the internet to show people who may never receive magazines,
>or go to galleries, or be able to travel what life is like in other
>countries.  To me this is the highest purpose of photography.
>
>Leically,
>
>Tina
>Tina Manley, ASMP

Amen, Tina - And I would humbly suggest, that other than discussing
war/refugee photography in relation to the current "disagreement" in the
Balkans, all other exchanges about the subject be taken elsewhere. No - I
am not trying to be a censor. What I am doing is imagining what can quickly
happen to the LUG if we veer even further away from the subject of Leicas
and their use, deep into politics and international relations. This is an
absolute "no win" topic that is certainly worth of discussion, but perhaps
that discussion belongs on the ForeignAffairs.alt, or some such.

Respectfully - B. D.

NOW - The Legitimate Leica Question:

Does anyone know what size filter and/or shade I need for a 35 2.8 Canon
Serenar screw mount lens, and/or where I might find same. I'm particular
anxious to get my hands on a lens shade. Thanks in advance.

still B.D.