Subject: [Leica] A LEGITIMATE LEICA QUESTION
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 19:22:19 +0100

B.D.
(My Canon 35/2.8 takes the rare 40mm filter), the Serenar, which was an
earlier
version takes 34mm (x0.5mm), slightly easier to find, I think.
Best place to find them, without ordering them especially, would be odds
and
ends trays/boxes at most photo dealers or at camera fairs.

B&W list both rubber and metal hoods in 34mm, six brilliant 'pop' colour
filters. Softars 1 and 2, close up lenses from 0.25 diopter (4000mm) to
3.0, a
variety of 'special' filters for specific technical applications, infra
red
(though these are only single coated); linear, circular and even double
polarising (uncoated), ND (7 varieties all either single or
multi-coated), 12
different filters for b/w photography (inc. UV!!!! all either single or
multi-coated) and a further 11 for colour photography, again you can
choose
whether single coating is sufficient or whether you'd prefer to have
multi-coating!
And just when you think that's all they do, they also offer an adapter
ring,
34mm to filter size 58, not 39, 46, 49, 52 or even 55, but 58, and only
58,
wierd or what!
The B&W filter catalogue's a great read!A qualifying statement is that
the catalogue was dated 11/96, check your (US?) importer for current
details,
Schneider Optics,Inc.,
285 Oser ave. Hauppauge, NY 11788
Tel 516 761 5000. Fax: 516 761 5090
alternatively speak to the horses mouth in Germany,
mail them at 2463 . 55513 Bad Kreuznach, (yup, that's an address...)
or cal: (0671) 601-0 if you're feeling that your German's up to it!

Jem