Subject: [Leica] Off topic (somewhat): Fuji 800
From: "Robert Rose" <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:32:46 -0700

What you want is NHG II, a true 800 speed film that is so good it is incredible.  I have enlargements to 11x17 using the 35-70 f/4 Vario-Elmar-R that are hard to believe.

It also takes a one-stop overexposure in stride, so it could be your solution for 400 also, but for that I would try Fuji Superia 400.

For 100 I love Reala, IF IF IF you can find a lab that knows how to print it.

Bob Rose

Fuji used to make a great 800 speed film with very fine grain
for its speed (know what it was? Super G+ or Super HG+ or
something similar?) but I can't find it anymore and I'm worried
about the enlargement requirement.  What replaced that film
(pro version)?