Subject: RE: [Leica] A LEGITIMATE LEICA QUESTION
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:21:25 -0700

Marc,

Hoya makes some exceptional glass which it sells to a variety of businesses.
I have never had a problem with their filters except one time.

Could it be that your local camera store stopped carrying the Hoya filters
because the mark up was better on the Tiffen and B+W. ;-)

With all due respect even things that are made outside of Germany can still
be high quality.  After all Tokina, a division of Hoya made lense for Rollei
at one time, Sigma makes them for Leica, etc.
Hey, I'll take a Lexus over a Mercedes anyday. :-)

Peter K