Subject: [Leica] Re: UV or Not UV?
From: getrichkwik@webtv.net (ED Cherney)
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 07:35:58 -0400 (EDT)

Dennis Waters wrote:
- ----
Albert
I recently had this very question myself, and knowing the vastness of
the LUG opinion decided to try for myself. I took a few shots of some
bright red flowers with and without the filter( Tucson AZ mid day EV16
sunlight ). The shots without the filter had better contrast and
brighter looking colors. So like you always hear on the LUG go out and
shoot your favorite subject and experiment for yourself.!!
Dennis
- ----
Hello again...I'd like to add this comment from the acknowledged Master
of Glamour Photography for over Five Decades...

Back n the early 1950's...I once asked PETER GOWLAND a question
regarding his film and processing technique...and I quote his answer
here...

"ED...ONE TEST IS WORTH A THOUSAND OPINIONS"....

and I have followed that advice and shared it with others since that
memorable day...
ED.