Subject: Re: [Leica] A LEGITIMATE LEICA QUESTION
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:09:45 -0700

"Henning J. Wulff" wrote:
snip
> The worst filters I have encountered in the last 40 years came from H&H.
> Some Series VII filters made in the 60's, with excessively thick glass,
> non-parallel faces and a slight barrel shape on one face. I ran across
> about 6 of them.
snip
Only 6? I have the whole set of Series VII warmer to cooler huge squares
in a classy wooden box. I was going to say mahogany but who knows?  I
have kept them cause I like the box. OK I've brought them to swap meets
but no one wants them for ten bucks.
The glass does not inspire confidence but you could tile a small
countertop with them.
Any light that gets through them deserves to be an image!
Mark :-) Rabiner