Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 ASPH Sumicron M or WHAT
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 11:08:02 -0700

Here in Portland OR my friend was having second thoughts about his 3
year old 35 Summicron M and we tested it against my ASPH using some VC
film in his new TTL body.
Over a beer at McMinimans (about a 100 on draft) he told me in half the
shots the difference was evident and there was one when I was back lit
wide open (I was the subject holding up cards) there was weird
highlights. HE was poised to then get the Summilux until he read Erwins
thing on it.
I keep telling him F2 never feels too slow to me especially knowing It's
getting me Primo results at that widest F stop unlike his fast Nikons
which really need stopping down to feel good about them but he just
ordered another round of Terminators and was sullen.
Any Advice?
Mark Rabiner
Ken just called as I was spell checking "draft" and is going ahead with
the 35 ASPH Sumicron. So don't read the above.