Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica NJ incompetence (and APATHY)
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 01:52:50 -0600

quem wrote:

> Their customer relations sucks!   I've emailed Olesin twice asking about
> getting a small part reattached to the winding spool of an almost new
> Minilux.  The part just fell off while changing films.  No response from
> Olesin whatsoever.  After reading about Ken's dealings with Leica NJ, I'd
> just as soon send it elsewhere to be repaired despite the warranty still
> being good.  Would appreciate suggestions on where to send it for quick
> quality service in the USA.  Thanks for any help offered.

For small stuff that breaks off, I just call the service department, and
more than once, they've simply and cheerfully sent me a replacement for
free. These guys seem happy to do so, rather than take in yet another
camera in for some small repair or other. I like this approach too,
because my equipment downtime is counted in minutes, not weeks.

Jeff