Subject: [Leica] More on Quality Control
From: "Robert McElwee" <romcelwee@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 16:51:27 -0400

For what it is worth.......

I bought a new M6 body from Don Chatterton a few weeks ago. As I was about
to go on a trip to London I just left it alone until I got back. I did not
want to use a new camera on my vacation and my existing M6 was a proven
entity. Once back I opened this new M6 and went to attach a lens, it would
not go on, tried 5 lenses and none would lock on. Called Don and he was
gracious enough to exchange it. It still cost 65.00 to ship it back to him
(Mail Boxes Etc.). This is rather a glaring defect not something buried deep
within the camera. Stuff happens and all that but for an 1800.00 camera body
to be unusable right out of the box is very disappointing Maybe that guy
that screwed up the pressure plates got promoted to final inspection.

P.S. My M6 was faultless throughout the trip, no hassles with airport people
in the US or UK, all were very polite and no X-rays for my film.

:-(   Bob