Subject: RE: [Leica] salgado lenses
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:06:31 -0700

In an interview I read, he claims to use 3 bodies with 3 lenses: 28mm, 35mm,
and 60mm.  We can assume at least that the 60mm is an R camera of some kind.

Another interesting side note is that David Alan Harvey, in an interview
with Bob Krist some time ago, says he uses a very minimal set of equipment.
An M6 with 35mm out and ready at all times, and another with 28mm or 50mm
mounted.  He says he keeps an SLR stashed away with a long lens, but rarely
ever uses it.

There is a sneak preview of his upcoming story on Cuba here.  Some wonderful
images...
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/harvey/index.html

In the "insights into his work" sidebar, he says: "I'm anti-equipment. When
I teach workshops the first thing I tell all my students is to go back to
their rooms with all those cameras and pick only one camera with only one
lens."
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/harvey/questions.html

- --Jim Laurel