Subject: Re: [Leica] Studio Flash Photography with M6 TTL
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:09:24 -0700

>My theory as to how to adjust flash output using the Sekonic to correlate to
>the 1/50 synch speed of the M6 is as follows. Let's take this example: I
>want to take the shot at 1/50 f4. Because 1/50 is 1.2 times the amount of
>exposure achieved with 1/60, I want the Sekonic to show, at a speed of 1/60,
>an f-stop that is 0.2 times wider open than the f-stop of the camera: that
>would be f2.8 + 8/10 stop. Assuming that the 1/10 stop indicators on the
>Sekonic represent increments of light flow (not diameter), is my theory
>correct?
>
>Bob Adler

bob,

your approach seems overly complicated. here's how i handle it: i have my
subject sit at some short distance from my camera lens. having set the
shutter to 'b', i turn out all lights in the studio, lightly depress the
shutter, then run back to the light switch... when the moment seems right,
i quickly turn on the light then turn it off again. i then release the
shutter, and there i have it. the amount of flash can be easily ajusted by
leaving the light on for a shortier/lengthier period of time, and/or by
using more or less powerful lightbulbs. i also like to vary the time i wait
before turning on the light to obtain different expressions from my subject.

give it a try and let me know how it works.

good luck!

guy bennett